breeding Millie's to a white silke

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
So before I started my breeding pen of Millie's, my rooster went in with my white silke hen. She layed eggs and we hatched them. These chicks are some of the prettiest I have seen. I am wondering....

Is this how people have started the d'uccle cochin breed?

Sorry, I am very new to breeding and I wanted to know if anyone else has done this before with good quality breeds?
idunno.gif

Thanks everyone on BYC!

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the d'uccle cochin breed?

You have mentioned three breeds in your post: d'uccles, cochins and silkies. You mentioned two varieties: mille (I assume you mean mille fleur), which is a recognised variety in a number of breeds, and is also being developed in other breeds (such as cochin); and white, a recognised variety in many breeds. I'm not aware of anyone trying to develop white in a breed where it is not already recognised, but I suppose it is possible.

I dunno
idunno.gif
.I have hatched some pretty awesome looking mixed bird's over the years. A white silkie with Millie color's would be Awesome!.Just my opinion.

My chick from my White Silkie hen & Mile Fleur COCHIN roo...

52396_dsc01607.jpg

They sure make a great cross!!! And this little one is starting to get some white in its head & neck feathers, so I'm waiting to see if we ave MF coloring as she ages.

WOW very very pretty!!! These sure hatched out beautiful chicks and now are growing and still look pretty
I will have to show some pictures so you guys can seee..

very nice!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom