Breeding pens

tay_boe

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
I am in the process of setting up my breeding pens. So far I have 5 6x20 ft pens, I am going to have tin and some netting on the tops and I'm considering putting some tin around the bottoms to keep the Roos from fighting and keeping the dogs from bothering the chickens. The main issue I'm having is the housing. I'm a bit stumped on it. Does anyone have any photos of how they have their breeding pens set up? Please!

I just use the old coop and run that my layers were in. Nothing fancy roof, walls, nest boxes, floor. ramp out to the ground. I wish I could be of more help.

You can see pictures of our set-up as it is now on the links in my sig. The new ones I'm building this spring I'm basing on these
http://happyacresfarm.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=10216038
Which belong to Kuntrygirl here on BYC. I just love the coops all under one roof.

BTW, LOTS of nice pictures on her website, not just that one page. I go there and drool often.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That is more of what I'm looking for. I really like that design. BTW I love your old fashioned coop. Too cute!

Quote:
I just looked at your BYC page and all I can say is WOW !!!!!
ep.gif
droolin.gif
I LOVE YOUR BUILDING !!! And the inside is magnificent! Now I"m the one who is drooling on your page. When you go to your BYC page and you see some wet spots, that's from MY drool.
gig.gif
. I'm bookmarking your page in my favorites. My little coops and houses are nothing compared to yours.
hide.gif

You are my new best friend !!!!!!!!!!

Your barn is what I'm currently working on with my chicken house. In the end, my chicken house where the nesting boxes are will sorta look like yours. I know it will not look as great as yours but I have a goal in mind. I have been collecting old tin signs, old foot tubs, been looking for wagon wheels (found 2 this weekend but they lady wanted $120.00 for 2 (too much for me)), old tools to hang on my chicken house, or just anything to add to my farm house collection. I'm kinda like you when it comes to finding things, going to auctions, flea markets, etc. You name it, I"m looking for it. I re-use and recycle everything. I like that you said on your BYC Page - "Nothing is straight, square or perfect."
thumbsup.gif
That's exactly how it should be.

Out of all of the chicken houses/buildings that I have seen IN MY LIFE, I have to say that yours is #1.
love.gif

I'm sitting here and I am speechless. I can tell that you love the country life and you love your animals. Everything is so neat, so clean and the animals look so healthy. I love seeing that.

You did a fabulous job!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I just looked at your BYC page and all I can say is WOW !!!!!
ep.gif
droolin.gif
I LOVE YOUR BUILDING !!! And the inside is magnificent! Now I"m the one who is drooling on your page. When you go to your BYC page and you see some wet spots, that's from MY drool.
gig.gif
. I'm bookmarking your page in my favorites. My little coops and houses are nothing compared to yours.
hide.gif

You are my new best friend !!!!!!!!!!

Your barn is what I'm currently working on with my chicken house. In the end, my chicken house where the nesting boxes are will sorta look like yours. I know it will not look as great as yours but I have a goal in mind. I have been collecting old tin signs, old foot tubs, been looking for wagon wheels (found 2 this weekend but they lady wanted $120.00 for 2 (too much for me)), old tools to hang on my chicken house, or just anything to add to my farm house collection. I'm kinda like you when it comes to finding things, going to auctions, flea markets, etc. You name it, I"m looking for it. I re-use and recycle everything. I like that you said on your BYC Page - "Nothing is straight, square or perfect."
thumbsup.gif
That's exactly how it should be.

Out of all of the chicken houses/buildings that I have seen IN MY LIFE, I have to say that yours is #1.
love.gif

I'm sitting here and I am speechless. I can tell that you love the country life and you love your animals. Everything is so neat, so clean and the animals look so healthy. I love seeing that.

You did a fabulous job!!!
thumbsup.gif

Wow! Thanks. Now I'm a bit shocked, cause I think yours is nicer. lol

Back
Top Bottom