BREEDING POLISH CHICKEN AND THEIR COLORS, WHICH COLOR IS BETTER?

Adil_Ali

Chirping
Jul 3, 2020
Hey there, im a breeder and have been breeding for the past 2 years, I breed Brahma chickens, but recently I've been attracted a lot to the polish chickens, however, I only want to select one color and breed the polish's, I came down to 2 options, the buff laced color or the white-crested black polish. Which color do you think is better/suitable for breeding and selling their eggs and chicks?

Cheers, adil

Hey there, im a breeder and have been breeding for the past 2 years, I breed Brahma chickens, but recently I've been attracted a lot to the polish chickens, however, I only want to select one color and breed the polish's, I came down to 2 options, the buff laced color or the white-crested black polish. Which color do you think is better/suitable for breeding and selling their eggs and chicks?

Cheers, adil
Which breeds/and or colors to breed in any chickens depend on many factors. Of course your personal interest is the most important. But also checking your market in your area and what’s available can also help. Is there a hatchery close to where you live that sells the same breeds/colors for little money? In that case offering something people can’t easily find would be better. In Polish, for example Tolbunts are hard to find.
Are you planning to sell hatching eggs, chicks? Will you ship out of state? Would increase your market but then you’d have to be NPIP certified which is a process in itself.Do you plan to show your birds? This can help create a market for your particular birds as well.
Hope this helps, good luck with your future project.😊

Which breeds/and or colors to breed in any chickens depend on many factors. Of course your personal interest is the most important. But also checking your market in your area and what’s available can also help. Is there a hatchery close to where you live that sells the same breeds/colors for little money? In that case offering something people can’t easily find would be better. In Polish, for example Tolbunts are hard to find.
Are you planning to sell hatching eggs, chicks? Will you ship out of state? Would increase your market but then you’d have to be NPIP certified which is a process in itself.Do you plan to show your birds? This can help create a market for your particular birds as well.
Hope this helps, good luck with your future project.😊
thanks! I live on a tiny island, there are no hatcheries here, there are breeders though, and buff laced polish is probably the rarest, and I've found someone who's selling show quality ones, that he imported from Europe earlier in 2021, i do plan on selling chicks, not eggs, because if there are problems in hatching them it leaves a bad reputation, I've been selling chicks for the past year, and so far its good. What about you, what breeds do you keep?

thanks! I live on a tiny island, there are no hatcheries here, there are breeders though, and buff laced polish is probably the rarest, and I've found someone who's selling show quality ones, that he imported from Europe earlier in 2021, i do plan on selling chicks, not eggs, because if there are problems in hatching them it leaves a bad reputation, I've been selling chicks for the past year, and so far its good. What about you, what breeds do you keep?
Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I have several different breeds, but I only breed silkies (and an occasional silkie cross).🙂

Personally, i love the bearded buff laced and my black crested whites. The BCW arent recognized i believe though, i think they were a project from the hatchery I bought them from

Back
Top Bottom