Breeding Projects -- Waterfowl

Thanks
big_smile.png
I don't know anything about Saxonys.

with all these breeding plans you have, i sure hope you get a bator!

Ha! I wondered if you would mention my batorphobia.
idunno.gif

I still hope to brood naturally - and am in no huge hurry. I am also looking for someone who is local & not batorphobic to hatch some eggs for me, in exchange for ducklings, just to see what my fertility is like & what kind of babies I get. (And why I am hedging my bets with a Boondockers order.)
I plan to get a Silkie/Cochin or 3 already started from a local lady in March, so I should have a reliable broody to put in my broody pen. I'd rather leave it to the pros than take my chances again.​

Quote:
This is a Rust. Notice the wing and face. If you bred it to a black or blue, you should have about half the offspring look like it.

She was a Crested Swedish out of B/B/S breeding. Maybe a color mutation from that? Never heard of "rust". No matter anyway, I no longer have any of those.
wink.png

Quote:
Butterscotch and Saxony do have the same colour genetics. They are both M+/M+ li/li Bl/Bl D+D+ Bu/Bu. They do not have chocolate (d) or buff (bu) dilution. They are both light phase (li) mallards with two doses of Blue (Bl).

Unless Butterscotch is totally different in the US/Canada to what it is here, in the UK and in Europe.

Quote:
And, I should clarify. It's actually 5 generations. (which is usually five yrs.)

So wait. I need to hatch ducklings and keep some every time for five years? If thats the case I will never have my own lines
sad.png

There is no rule about this. With the very first generation you breed you are already making them your own.

70%cocoa :

Quote:
So wait. I need to hatch ducklings and keep some every time for five years? If thats the case I will never have my own lines
sad.png

There is no rule about this. With the very first generation you breed you are already making them your own.​

This was discussed over in the turkey forum, the thread is
Ridley, Wishard and Reese Bronze thread.

Back
Top Bottom