Breeding season feed

Keep in mind Im a little over thinking this year.
My geese have been on a E supplement this year to get them in condition for breeding season. I raise heavyweight Africans and have 2 brown boys with low T so I have been reading allot about how to improve it along with ground flax seed. I didn't want to me mention it because this is my first year doing it. So I'm still not sure if it will help. The supplement is NEKTON-E its available at pet stores and Amazon. Developed for house birds like parrots for breeding season.

Im also going to treat my eggs with a probiotic this year to hopefully help with embryo development. The recommended in study's is Lactobacillus Rhamnosus. I could only find one source for it without preservatives its made by Klaire Labs. very pricey and has to be kept refrigerated so will see if it helps with less losses in embryo development.

When sprouting instead of adding bleach I have been using a Bacillus Subtilis probiotic also to inhibit mold and bad bacteria. Im going to use this one in cleaning my incubators also during hatch. My cabinets run for 3 month straight its hard to get a good solid cleaning in this should help having good bacteria fighting bad bacteria.

If your interested this is a review on multiple study's I have read most of the study's they have used for the review. https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=ijps.2020.51.65
Thank you for posting the science alert article. Lots of good information there.

I know about occupying space in the gut with beneficial bacteria to outpace the bad bacteria. But I think if the goal is a clean incubator I would opt for activated oxine. It quickly fumigates to kill all bacteria, virus and fungus. It isn't expensive but if you have to do it indoors, you should have a respirator with gas canisters.
You can use the liquid oxine similar to cleaning with bleach but by combining with food grade citric acid, it will gas off and get into every nook and crannie killing everything it comes in contact with.
You can get it in quart size or gallon. It will also effectively fumigate large poultry houses and barns.
Revival Animal Health has the oxine and the citric acid activator.
https://www.revivalanimal.com/product/oxine-animal-health-ah
You can get half face or full-face respirators at any safety supplier.

Thank you for posting the science alert article. Lots of good information there.

I know about occupying space in the gut with beneficial bacteria to outpace the bad bacteria. But I think if the goal is a clean incubator I would opt for activated oxine. It quickly fumigates to kill all bacteria, virus and fungus. It isn't expensive but if you have to do it indoors, you should have a respirator with gas canisters.
You can use the liquid oxine similar to cleaning with bleach but by combining with food grade citric acid, it will gas off and get into every nook and crannie killing everything it comes in contact with.
You can get it in quart size or gallon. It will also effectively fumigate large poultry houses and barns.
Revival Animal Health has the oxine and the citric acid activator.
https://www.revivalanimal.com/product/oxine-animal-health-ah
You can get half face or full-face respirators at any safety supplier.
Thank you for the information. Will look into it for baskets and setters which I can do outside.

Back
Top Bottom