Breeding Time?

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
Most chickens are sexually mature around 6 months of age. Whenever your hens are laying, it's pretty much a given the rooster (if he's the same age) is breeding them. males tend to mature younger than pullets.

LilJoe

Crowing
Jul 15, 2016
Missouri
Most chickens are sexually mature around 6 months of age. Whenever your hens are laying, it's pretty much a given the rooster (if he's the same age) is breeding them. males tend to mature younger than pullets. 
Thank you! So they could be sexually mature in about a month now, because all are about 5 months?

bk15

Chirping
Jul 22, 2016
.....because I want my lavenders to have beautiful babies like their parents (my avatar)

Are they Orphington's cause I love the breed I have a lavender chick right I also have a blue,splash, and a chocolate Orphington but I would love to try to breed blue and splash Orphington's cause so far they are my fav colors but I also like lavender color too!!
1f609.png

LilJoe

Crowing
Jul 15, 2016
Missouri
Are they Orphington's cause I love the breed I have a lavender chick right I also have a blue,splash, and a chocolate Orphington but I would love to try to breed blue and splash Orphington's cause so far they are my fav colors but I also like lavender color too!!
1f609.png
yes I believe they are English Lavender Orpingtons

Top Bottom