Breeds and Sexes

cogorman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
MidMissouri
This Sunday I'm going to attempt to make the cut from 17 chicks to 6 hens. I need help rooting out the roosters. All of the pictures below are birds that are 4 weeks old today. Also, I got the eggs from a roadside eggs-for-eating seller that had a mixed flock (for 2 dollars I got 2 dozen eggs and 17 hatched. all are healthy and happy). Anyone wanting to guess what breeds they are can have fun with that too! The extras are going to a fine home in the country to be raised by a fellow chicken nut. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I hope the pictures are good enough.
53045_dscn0605.jpg

53045_rscn0614.jpg

53045_rscn0613.jpg

53045_dscn0602.jpg

53045_rscn0612.jpg

53045_rscn0611.jpg

53045_rscn0615.jpg

53045_dscn0608.jpg

53045_dscn0603.jpg

Quote:
Here's my opinion.
Photo two-Cockerel.
Photos three and four-pullets
Photos five and six-cockerels
Photos seven and eight-pullets
Photo nine-cockerel on the right, pullet on the left

Thanks fastpat,
You really are fast!!! Picture 7 looks a lot like a juvenile western seagull. I really want to keep her because she reminds me of home, Central Coast of California.

So do I do something wrong when I post. Others ask for advice on sexing and breeds and get a whole bunch of responses. Everytime I ask a question I'm lucky to get one. Am I not hitting the right button or something? HELP!!!
he.gif

Quote:
You may want to contact a moderator and ask that this thread be moved to the what sex/breed category of the forum. Lots of folks there like to play the guessing game.
I see several cockerels. I'm not good on the breeds, sorry.
sad.png

just guesses...I am very new
but four looks like a black austrolorp
seven looks like a silver laced wynadotte
eight looks like a rhode island red

Back
Top Bottom