Breeds of these chicks?

XilverAngel

Songster
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
I received these eggs from a woman who had more than one rooster and a couple of hens. She did tell me the breeds of those hens, but I don't know which of the roosters fertilized which eggs... Could someone perhaps help me with this? I know it will be difficult since the pics show them only a couple of days old, but if you could *possibly* tell, then it would be great. All that I know for sure, is that the chicks are all mixed breeds. The mother for some was an RIR, and the dominant roo a black sex link, but some of the chicks from the same hen came out yellow, some black?? I'm completely new to this, so I was just hoping i could get some info about these little fellas. Btw , there are pictures of 6 chicks, 2 of each, except for the second black chick, which has 3 pictures. Let me know what you think! thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65013335@N04/sets/72157627488616061/

I don't know much about breeds, but the black one reminds me a bit of my barred rock chicks. They both had a single spot of white on their heads as chicks. I took pics, but the camera is currently lacking in the battery dept. Do you have more up to date pictures? The older they get the more apparent their breed becomes.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom