Breeds question--am I being taken??

im gonna jump in and ask, do you know why you cant breed them together?  i have never heard of the other one either.
A frizzle to frizzle equals a frazzle a chicken with 2 copies of the frizzle gene. They have very brittle feathers and normally loose a lot of em being breed.

well, i got a very mixed flock including a frizzled roo and a few frizzled hens . my babies hached about a week ago from the random eggs i collected and 2 babies had a bald spot on their back. they are frizzles.

well, i got a very mixed flock including a frizzled roo and a few frizzled hens . my babies hached about a week ago from the random eggs i collected and 2 babies had a bald spot on their back. they are frizzles.
Frazzles are Frizzles, they just have two copies of the frizzle gene. Normally one breeds a smooth to a frizzle, to prevent frazzles.
This is a Frazzle,
14075_100_3844.jpg

thats him, just not that severe. guess i will be rehoming somebody. he is smaller then the others but is active an happy. i will have to make sure it doesnt happen again. i probably got lucky. thank you.

I am still learning the different breeds, the basics, and the how to of chickens. Today, I was offered some Frilkies, Frizzles, and Sizzles. I was told they are a hybred for better quality. I can't really find much information on them, but 45 dollars a pullet seems a bit much for me. Can anyone shed some light one these for me, because I thought they just might be barnyard mutts.
didnt mean to jump your post, guess we both know now. lol i have a frazzle !!!!

I spent $75 for three chickens last fall, the breeder had won the national championship for that breed in 2012. I first learned how to keep chickens alive by buying "Cheap" chickens from different hatcheries "bargains". the three hatcheries were Cackle, McMurray, and Mt. Healthy. all three had healthy chicks and I learn a lot every day I have chickens. Lots of predators in my area so keeping chickens alive especially the breeds you mentioned is very difficult. You might check with the feed store in your area and buy six from them for about $5 each.

Back
Top Bottom