Bresse Chickens

I'm looking for Bresse also. I have 4 cockerels and only one pullet, about 10 weeks old. I would love to get a few more girls, especially blue, black or splash. I would take chicks or eggs if anyone has any. Bresse farms only has splash and I gues that will be my last resort.

Last edited:
I just hatched a bunch (14) of white Breese Chicks. I'm new to the breed, but d cited to have them on the homestead. Still 6 eggs in the baitor, but who knows. I got better that a 50% hatch rate on shipped hatching eggs so I am happy.

I got my quad if Bresse yesterday! So far i am loving them! The rooster has a very long crow also!
Here's a picture of them from my chicken cam

I have a group of 4 pullets and a cockerel, about 7 months old now. I'm impressed at how nice the pullets' eggs are: all nicely shaped, no meat spots or other internal aberrations, dark yolks, and strong shells. The only "negative" I've noticed so far is that they have to be herded into their coop at night, but the entire group is very mellow and easy to handle. They're a curious and talkative bunch, too. I originally got AB primarily as meat birds, but they're proving to be great dual-purpose birds with friendly personalities and excellent foraging ability.

FoodFreedomNow - Where did you get your genetics from? Is that your cockerel in your profile pick? Beautiful. I'm getting ready to add some AB to our flock this year, and I'm trying to figure out where I should order from.

FoodFreedomNow - Where did you get your genetics from? Is that your cockerel in your profile pick? Beautiful. I'm getting ready to add some AB to our flock this year, and I'm trying to figure out where I should order from.
Am I mistaken, or didn't all the American Breese in the US come from Greenfire Farm?

Cree571 -
As far as I know, you are correct, the only importer is Greenfire Farms. However, they brought their first batch over a while back... I want to say 2010? 2011? Since then, a number of people have been breeding from that original stock. It doesn't take that many generations to see significant differences in separate breeding groups. The chicks are pretty pricey, so I've been trying to get the lowdown on which breeders are producing the best birds currently.

Back
Top Bottom