Bresse Chickens

I think when I get my incubator empty I'm going to hatch some purebred Bresse, I wanted to get an unrelated roo, but I'm so attached to Steve, what a gentle boy! The last thing I need is another roo, lol! I'll separate them next week so the eggs will be pure.

I think when I get my incubator empty I'm going to hatch some purebred Bresse, I wanted to get an unrelated roo, but I'm so attached to Steve, what a gentle boy! The last thing I need is another roo, lol! I'll separate them next week so the eggs will be pure.

Thanks! Yes, my profile pic is the cockerel. He's big, but sedate, boy. He has a funny crow (his brothers did, too): at the end of the crow, he makes this sound that reminds me of bagpipes deflating.
big_smile.png

I believe mine are of GFF lineage. There don't seem to be many people familiar with the breed where I am, and I've only seen a couple of local breeders even offering them for sale.

Do you sell eggs for hatching, or chicks, or adult Brese ?

I will have white, blue, black and splash breese. It will be fall before I am hatching. The colors are ultra rare, but very pretty. The French claim they can tell a taste difference in the different colors. I doubt my pallet is that refined!

I have a friend who has been raising them and processing them and she says they are like nothing else. She feeds grains soaked in raw milk and confines them like the French do for the last 2 weeks. They are pastured before that time.

I will keep you updated.

Do you have any shipping eggs to be incubated that one could buy now 4-16-017?

D you sell eggs, chicks, or adult Bresse stock?

Hi Glenda! I have only sold locally and don't have any pure bred eggs yet. We got most of our stock from a breeder in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We also bought hatching eggs from Sunbird Farms but I don't think he has Bresse anymore. Once I get wings clipped so roosters stay in the right pens I'll be able to ship eggs. I don't want to send out mutts, lol!

I'm looking at small sheds people have for sale right now for the Bresse, I'm Hoping to possibly hatch some chicks with my next round of Cochins.

Back
Top Bottom