Bresse Chickens

Pics
Hey guys, I visited Jon Grice today and took some pictures of his Bresse.

Awkward teens

A pair of his breeders

This guy said "Hey, look at me!"

His handpicked breeders after culling a ton of chickens. He picked for size and personality.

His blacks

Almost got a good picture of his lady friend, but his tail blocked her face

An older one in the Bresse grow out pen.

So... you have to raise them on clover, bugs, then finish on milk and organic grains? I mean would'nt any chicken taste good after doing all that?

I wish that I had Bresse's girl. Jk Bresse u.

So... you have to raise them on clover, bugs, then finish on milk and organic grains? I mean would'nt any chicken taste good after doing all that?

I wish that I had Bresse's girl. Jk Bresse u.
This is how we have raised our poultry for over 10 years.
With exception to the finishing with the dairy cereal mix.
I will finish my first batch of Bresse in the traditional manner, and include a couple of Cornish x of the same size and post my results.
I am hoping to begin the finishing in July.

This is how we have raised our poultry for over 10 years.
With exception to the finishing with the dairy cereal mix.
I will finish my first batch of Bresse in the traditional manner, and include a couple of Cornish x of the same size and post my results.
I am hoping to begin the finishing in July.
Wow I would like to see that side by side. I will stay tuned.

Im absolutely thrilled I figured out a way to allow my soon to be group a free ranging spot! Im simply flip flopping living quarters! Only took me 3 monthsto figure that one out :rolleyes: The Bresse will have a 30 x 30 indoor home with full access to about 3/4 of an acre of grassy green and tree shaded electrified fenced in land! Come on snowwwww MELT!!!!

Where are you finding the eggs or chickens to raise? I would love to get my hands on some to raise but have had no luck even finding any to buy.

Back
Top Bottom