Bresse Chickens

Pics
Where are you finding the eggs or chickens to raise? I would love to get my hands on some to raise but have had no luck even finding any to buy.
We will have hatching chicks from the Black variety in about two weeks...we're on the opposite end of the Valley from Ron. You can go to our website or PM us if your'e interested. Ron...seems like we're all over the same threads... here's one we started recently that you might enjoy....Pastoral Poultry
-Brice

Well we have 5 Black Bresse, that are doing well at about 8 weeks and white Bresse are in the incubator.
wee.gif

If anyone is in North Carolina and will be at Chickenstock in Lincolnton on the 18th of May I will have a select few additional Black and white Bresse Chicks to sell. I'm placing most of my stock on pasture this month but need to raise some money for fencing. Let me know if you are interested. I have about 20-30 Poulet Noir and about 20 or so White Bresse chicks. All will be sold straight run and unless you reserve chicks then they will be first come first served. Hope to see folks out there and talk shop!

Any breeders in NV? I got a pullet with some chicks from greenfire farms, she is a sweet thing, but I just don't have a use for her. Anyone local that wants her can have her.

Just hatched my first 50 blue foot/la bresse/American bresse- (85%) final hatch rate.
I've done plenty of Cornish but they are just freakish eating machines... Delicious freakish eating machines that are good for putting a lot of premium meat in the freezer fast. I've also done the freedom rangers - I thought they were ok. Not as tasty or big as the cx and they didn't grow out as fast. But I can keep them around longer without them falling over dead.
Sorry I digressed a bit. I got the white American Bresse for a dual purpose bird. I received another 60 eggs to go into the brooder as soon as my last couple of birds hatch out. One of the eggs I received was "weeping" so I cracked it open and had a nice fertile double Yolker. It was delicious.
I don't plan on exacting the French standard to grow my meaties out. But they will all free range and have a good summer chowing down on the upcoming cicada brood here in Northern Virginia.
I don't plan on selling any but my wife sneaks them out to her friends now and then because they have tasted home grown organic free range birds and now they will steal mine. Reminds me that I've been meaning to put a padlock on that freezer... Ill post pics when I'm on my PC.

Just hatched my first 50 blue foot/la bresse/American bresse- (85%) final hatch rate.
I've done plenty of Cornish but they are just freakish eating machines... Delicious freakish eating machines that are good for putting a lot of premium meat in the freezer fast. I've also done the freedom rangers - I thought they were ok. Not as tasty or big as the cx and they didn't grow out as fast. But I can keep them around longer without them falling over dead.
Sorry I digressed a bit. I got the white American Bresse for a dual purpose bird. I received another 60 eggs to go into the brooder as soon as my last couple of birds hatch out. One of the eggs I received was "weeping" so I cracked it open and had a nice fertile double Yolker. It was delicious.
I don't plan on exacting the French standard to grow my meaties out. But they will all free range and have a good summer chowing down on the upcoming cicada brood here in Northern Virginia.
I don't plan on selling any but my wife sneaks them out to her friends now and then because they have tasted home grown organic free range birds and now they will steal mine. Reminds me that I've been meaning to put a padlock on that freezer... Ill post pics when I'm on my PC.

thumbsup.gif
goodpost.gif

Sell them to the friends....I look forward to seeing the pictures.

I have eggs in bator now and chicks getting sent to me in the next few weeks!! Cannot wait!! Ill post photos when I have them all.. If all goes well Ill have 30-40 growing out and 5 ill hold back for next years breeders...

Spring hatch in full swing. However due to predation I have one foundation hen and one foundation Cockerel, I have 10 younger pullets that are a month or so from full lay. My foundation pullet is laying huge light brown eggs almost daily so by June I am hoping to have 50-100 birds on pasture or in brooders. I also am starting a project that folks might find interesting. I'm putting my White Bresse Cockerel over some Delaware hens. The heritage delaware is a barred bird and quite a heavy breed so I am hoping to get some tasty big sex link birds out of the cross. As I said above though my hopes are to have at least a hundred to two hundred birds on pasture in late spring. I had bad luck this last winter with Infectious Bronchitis and had to cull about 30 birds. My remaining stock is healthy and now that spring is finally here I am optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom