Bresse Chickens

Pics
Our Bresse are looking good, still waiting on our first eggs.
I would try changing their feed if they have not start producing by 5 months. My sister's Bresse were actually a couple of weeks older than mine. Mine started a month before hers. She changed up the food and then they started.

Well orlando my cream legbar is a special flower. In his prime before he voluntarily got quieter his crow used to go down the gully below our house for miles . Sooo high and penatrating.

But all the fcbm roosters I have has are louder then clovis and his many sons.

This is Goliath, our no issues young man.

I love this fella so I'm afraid to name him. Typical stance.

Almost looks like the under chest is underdeveloped?

Very shaky legs. They are getting a tad better now that it's show off and mate time.

See how dirty the belly is from laying down so much?

These are from a trade and are first generation chicks from a breeding pair from GFF. I never got a female.

Thoughts?????

This is Goliath, our no issues young man. I love this fella so I'm afraid to name him. Typical stance. Almost looks like the under chest is underdeveloped? Very shaky legs. They are getting a tad better now that it's show off and mate time. See how dirty the belly is from laying down so much? These are from a trade and are first generation chicks from a breeding pair from GFF. I never got a female. Thoughts?????
This could be the fact that these birds have a shallow gene pool and we are getting a lot of brother sister breeding. His legs look odd to me but im not someone with years of experiance.

I'm so bad at this. I can tell you I can barely pick either boy up. I'll try to get a weight soon.
Check the vent for bloody stool. It almost looks like they are not getting nutrients. So I would worm them. Then the next day, put them on a high protein food like Purina Flock Raiser or Blue Seal Multiflock. I would also give them a good probiotic in their water or plain yogurt. If you don't see any improvement within a week or so, then I would consider culling them if they look like they are suffering.

This could be the fact that these birds have a shallow gene pool and we are getting a lot of brother sister breeding. His legs look odd to me but im not someone with years of experiance.

Now that is something to consider? They are first gen chicks directly from GFF. I wouldn't think they would have gotten that far into line breeding though??
Check the vent for bloody stool. It almost looks like they are not getting nutrients. So I would worm them. Then the next day, put them on a high protein food like Purina Flock Raiser or Blue Seal Multiflock. I would also give them a good probiotic in their water or plain yogurt. If you don't see any improvement within a week or so, then I would consider culling them if they look like they are suffering.
I do worm everyone 2X a year, rotating from ivermec then safeguard. I can deff give it a shot as these boys have not yet been wormed. They get lots of probiotics, and we use good feed that we ferment. They are the only ones with any issues at all. Goliath has wide set legs, but stands and walks well. He's a proud young man.

Maybe the lighting is bad in your pictures - but I am not seeing much blue in their legs. Could they possibly be mixed with another breed?
It's the lighting. They do have the nice blue legs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom