Bresse Chickens

I just moved to Cochise County AZ. Any ideas where I can get some Bresse stock locally? Just wondered if that was an option before going online to buy...

I have seen the Bressefarm.com($) and GF ($$$$$) options. Any other places that sell good stock?
You're about a year too late... haha!! There used to be a guy in Willcox that was breeding them, but he didn't have time for his flock and got rid of them all. I have some of them, and plan to pen them up for breeding in a month or two for Spring. I'm up in Fort Thomas, but have family is Sierra Vista that i visit sometimes, or can meet someone in between, like Willcox, once i have fertile eggs.

I just moved to Cochise County AZ. Any ideas where I can get some Bresse stock locally? Just wondered if that was an option before going online to buy...

I have seen the Bressefarm.com($) and GF ($$$$$) options. Any other places that sell good stock?
If you can't find locally, EBAY have some available now.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Bresse farm in MS, told me they had all 4 green fire farms imports in separate pens. When you call or email there they are friendly and helpful. Actually getting the chicks shipped has been an exercise in patience. I'm not sure I would do business with them again. No better than 2 stars and maybe 1 star. I bought and paid for 6 blue Bresse in Feb. after numerous promises I received them in august. 2 were obvious cockerels and older. One of the young ones is now exhibiting barring. Justin who owns the Bresse farm tells me this is normal...if that's so why aren't the others barred?View attachment 1119041View attachment 1119042

The Bresse is a pure white bird (Dominant white gene), blue legs and bright red combs/waddles. Barring is indication of cross breed. I ordered six chicks from Bresse Farm, Justin was friendly enough. I paid express priority $40+ plus $59 for chicks. Chicks arrived in one day - 2 DOA, 2 severely stressed and one sprattle legged and stressed. Within a couple hours I had 4 dead chicks and the sprattle legged chick lethargic. The chicks were all different ages - several with tail pin feathers and two that looked maybe 2-3 day old. The box was VERY stinky (even USPS commented) with lots of fecal matter in the box. I think one of the dead chicks was rotting. There were two gro-gel filled cups that were empty. These chicks appeared to have been in that box more than the 28 hrs it took to get from MS to TN Express. The three chicks I believe will survive are not chirping a lot and two have their wings down. I'm not understanding a chick box of mixed ages like what I received. Justin did agree to replace 4 chicks. I expect a mix of sexes which is okay but I do not expect to see any barring or blue feathers. I guess I'll have to wait and see about my $100 experiment. Next Bresse purchase will be from Greenfire, which is what I should have done this time... I'll update progress on chicks as they grow out.

Last edited:
The Bresse is a pure white bird (Dominant white gene), blue legs and bright red combs/waddles. Barring is indication of cross breed. I ordered six chicks from Bresse Farm, Justin was friendly enough. I paid express priority $40+ plus $59 for chicks. Chicks arrived in one day - 2 DOA, 2 severely stressed and one sprattle legged and stressed. Within a couple hours I had 4 dead chicks and the sprattle legged chick lethargic. The chicks were all different ages - several with tail pin feathers and two that looked maybe 2-3 day old. The box was VERY stinky (even USPS commented) with lots of fecal matter in the box. I think one of the dead chicks was rotting. There were two gro-gel filled cups that were empty. These chicks appeared to have been in that box more than the 28 hrs it took to get from MS to TN Express. The three chicks I believe will survive are not chirping a lot and two have their wings down. I'm not understanding a chick box of mixed ages like what I received. Justin did agree to replace 4 chicks. I expect a mix of sexes which is okay but I do not expect to see any barring or blue feathers. I guess I'll have to wait and see about my $100 experiment. Next Bresse purchase will be from Greenfire, which is what I should have done this time... I'll update progress on chicks as they grow out.
Bresse Farm(s) in Mississppi, or Bresse Farm in Florida? It's easy to get the two mixed up as there's only one letter different in their names. In the Bresse fb group the breeder in Florida is developing a very good reputation. The one is MS is definitely not.

Bresse Farm(s) in Mississppi, or Bresse Farm in Florida? It's easy to get the two mixed up as there's only one letter different in their names. In the Bresse fb group the breeder in Florida is developing a very good reputation. The one is MS is definitely not.
Bresse Farms MS - They are the only breeder with the name Bresse Farms and website with same name. The FL doesn't

Bresse is white bird, but you do get barring or ghosting feather from time to time. It seems little smaller than pure white. I forgotten and butch that one about a year ago. If you look about 15 pages back from this post, someone had one as well.

Bresse is white bird, but you do get barring or ghosting feather from time to time. It seems little smaller than pure white. I forgotten and butch that one about a year ago. If you look about 15 pages back from this post, someone had one as well.
Only if they've been outcrossed. The Gauloise Bresse is a dominant white bird. Barring cannot occur in Dominant white between purebeds.

My splash hen. Eggs are NOT hers, they were just in the box. :)
IMG_20180320_062751_421.jpg
obi_bresse1_loreswm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom