Bresse Chickens

Are you feeding them wild bird food?
Actually the best luck I have had with chicks is half purina flock raiser and half chick starter from my local co.op, theirs is 23% protein. So far the bresse are putting on wing feathers and growing well. All are still alive and running around

Actually the best luck I have had with chicks is half purina flock raiser and half chick starter from my local co.op, theirs is 23% protein. So far the bresse are putting on wing feathers and growing well. All are still alive and running around
I'm questioning what's in that feeder in your picture, it doesn't look like chick feed. I'm curious

Well yeah, that was my point. I couldn't figure out just what was in that chick feeder, and it looked like wild bird food because of the sunflower seeds.
Do you have any bresse? These are my first and the first time I have ordered 25 of one breed. I am very excited to keep track of feed intake and growth rates to help me decide on my breeders.

Do you have any bresse? These are my first and the first time I have ordered 25 of one breed. I am very excited to keep track of feed intake and growth rates to help me decide on my breeders.
Nope, not my jam. I still haven't seen anyone post solid side-by-side taste tests with other dual purpose breeds or Cornish X, nor have I seen any carcass pictures or weights verified. I'm sticking with my Barred Rocks and may do some Cornish X here and there. The Bresse don't interest me nearly enough to build more pens and coops in order to keep them.

I have just started keeping weights on my babies so I can get a good idea of how they do. Up till this time I have been happy with the hatchery birds that I have had access to, as I have been exposed to More here on BYC I am trying to raise better birds. And of course breeding my own.

Back
Top Bottom