Bringing home a new cat tomorrow. What should I know?

Pics
She came home after getting spayed on the 22nd. She bit two people while they were trying to restrain her because she wouldn't let anyone touch her. She hates the vet so much that she won't let him touch anywhere except the head and that too after 2 days of taming. She didn't even let him take of the canola and now I have to do it but I am scared of her aswell 😭😂. Due to shortage of e collars and road blockage I had to make a DIY e collar for her. Vet told me to apply an ointment for the stitches but because the roads are blocked I can't go to the pharmacy, so I got an disinfectant spray instead, can I apply it on the stitches? She is eating fine and is active. She is staying in the bathroom for now and hasn't attacked me yet and has been super affectionate. Stitches will be removed on the 1st or 2nd.
Yes you can use a spray, as long as they arent dissolveable stitches. A babies onsie can sometimes work better then a cone for cats, it normally only needs a tail hole cut in

She came home after getting spayed on the 22nd. She bit two people while they were trying to restrain her because she wouldn't let anyone touch her. She hates the vet so much that she won't let him touch anywhere except the head and that too after 2 days of taming. She didn't even let him take of the canola and now I have to do it but I am scared of her aswell 😭😂. Due to shortage of e collars and road blockage I had to make a DIY e collar for her. Vet told me to apply an ointment for the stitches but because the roads are blocked I can't go to the pharmacy, so I got an disinfectant spray instead, can I apply it on the stitches? She is eating fine and is active. She is staying in the bathroom for now and hasn't attacked me yet and has been super affectionate. Stitches will be removed on the 1st or 2nd.
That sounds like quite the experience, for everyone involved!

At least now you know she will not be going into heat or getting pregnant again.

She seems very uncomfortable in the collar and keeps bumping into stuff. Can I cover her stitches instead? I'll try to get a onesie but she probably won't let me put it on. I tried finding an ecollar today and I couldn't find any. They all say its short in the market.

She seems very uncomfortable in the collar and keeps bumping into stuff. Can I cover her stitches instead? I'll try to get a onesie but she probably won't let me put it on. I tried finding an ecollar today and I couldn't find any. They all say its short in the market.
If you can't find anything else, and the collar is not actually causing any injuries to her, I would leave the collar on.

I am sure she does not like wearing the collar, but she will get more used to it as time goes on. She will still not like it, but she will probably come to accept it as something she just has to live with.

The collar was on, but I had to staple it and she took it off at night. I have fixed that and it won't happen again. However she did lick her stitches and they appear slightly infected. I contacted the vet about it he said it looks minor and should be fine after a couple days of antibiotics. He prescribed augmentin 1ml 2 times a day for 3 days. The problem is its very hard to give her the medicine she resists too much and when I forced it, she started salivating and foaming. It stopped after a few seconds and she is fine now. Is there any other way to give her the medicine?

Back
Top Bottom