Bringing Home the Babies

Jessigrace

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 24, 2012
WV
Today we are finally going to the store to get our first ever chicks. Everything is set up and waiting for them. We live in the city and can only have 2 unless we get written permission from all surrounding neighbors. I already went to check them out as the truck delivered them. My husband promised my daughter we would wait till she got out of school. It took all I had not to buy any right then and there! LOL

The little black ducklings were so cute too! I need a farm!!

I have about 40 acres that I rent.... and my land lord is a lush.

He always thinks hes going crazy when he shows up and theres a couple more critters running around. We never asked permission just kinda built a coop and started doing our thing... He hasnt had a foul word to say yet. I've gotta make him an epic omelet!

Well last night was great! It did take me a while to get the temp adjusted. After it was just right the chicks were so quiet. Just eating, drinking, napping. I used our laundry hamper/clothes hanger.
Which will work nicely when it comes time to lower the temp. I also covered one end with a sheet to give them some shade.

I have to say I love all the feedback and positive attitudes on this site. My facebook friends were not impressed with my new babies. Shocking!! Lol!!

We finally got ours today. One of each: Buff Orpington, Black Sex Link, Silver-laced Wyandotte. Can't tell if our dog wants to baby them or eat them when he's licking his chops.
Very excited! Good luck!

Congratulations! Last year I got my first chicks in over 25 years and took my granddaughter, Gypsy, out of class to attend the 'adoption'. This year her other grandmother is getting the chicks and we will divide the 25 of them between 3 friends and ourselves. The grandchildren picked out some of the varieties and are so excited to be getting chicks again.

They are so much fun. You will enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom