Brinsea Help!

adkins90

Truly Obsessed...
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Huntington, WV
I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 and absolutely hate the dividers. I can't keep the dividers in place, and it's driving me crazy
barnie.gif
Does anyone use anything else to place eggs in, with success?

Thanks,
Michelle

Last edited:
Here's what I do:

Place a foam "bumper" - without a wire divider, just the foam strip bumper - against the far side of the tray. In the 'bator, as Deb said, and press an egg against it in the middle. Then put a bumper-filled wire divider into the tray with the ends in the slots, to hold that egg. Fill up the row with eggs, gently pressing them between the foam bumpers. Start the next row the same way, just pressing the "placement" egg against the bumper in the divider. Place the next bumper filled divider, to reserve the row for the rest of the eggs. Fill in that row. Etc., etc., etc. And the closest side of the tray just needs a bumper between it and the eggs. Brinsea sent far more wire dividers than I need to use.

Hope this helps!

I haven't had any problems with the dividers either. I do have the tray inside the bator as I am filling it up. Do you have the foam inserts for the wire dividers? I can't remember if those came with the bator or with the humidity pump but they help keep the eggs in place

I took out the wire dividers and hand turned. The Eco 20 doesnt come with bumpers. Might have used the wires if they had. Wonder what material it is that they use to make the bumpers?

I would love to see a close up of what the foam divider stuff looks like. I too have the Oct 20 Eco and it does not come with foam pieces. I had a terrible time getting my plain metal ones to stay in the tracks they are supposed to slide into. The are almost too short and when I put one side in the other side pops out. I wish I had some foam pieces to help with this. Can anyone show what the foam looks like and then I would love to go find something that I could use to make some. I love this incubator just not the dividers. Oh and I did try it with the tray in the bator and my metal dividers still won't stay in the slots.
sad.png

Mine Fit just fine... But I tell you what I would do.. is that I would give Brinsea a call... Believe it or not, they are wonderful to talk to and if for some reason your racks, or tray are a weird size, they will send you out replacement parts ASAP!...

Back
Top Bottom