Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

I just have a small mini digital one in there. Here is one like it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00153KVYG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I just bought it. The dimensions seem perfect. So I take it that when you lift the cover from the Brinsea and put it back the temperature and humidity recover quickly? Another question, how did you have your automatic turner set? I've read that at least 3 times a day minimum, but on the Brinsea you can have it set to turn every 45 minutes.....sorry for all of the questions!! Complete newbie here and just trying to have my "ducks in a row" before incubating time arrives!
big_smile.png

I have mine set to every 45 minutes. I think it's all personal preference and different people use different settings. Could also depend on whatever breed you have in there... etc. Brinsea makes it pretty easy.

Oh, and when I open it to add water, or candle eggs, all I do it tip it up on one side, reach in and do what I need. I don't take it all the way off. Yes, it think the dome shape is what helps the temp & humidity recover fairly quickly. That's just my guess though.

My guess would be to turn it off?? The hen doesn't tend to get off the eggs hardly at all th elast couple days. I haven't had my cooling on at all just cuz it's really cold here and our house gets pretty drafty and cold in the winter months. I figured an hour cooling will bring the temp down too low here.

Oh, and when I open it to add water, or candle eggs, all I do it tip it up on one side, reach in and do what I need. I don't take it all the way off. Yes, it think the dome shape is what helps the temp & humidity recover fairly quickly. That's just my guess though.

Ok thanks for all of your help. I'm almost as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!
lau.gif

I am looking to purchase a mini :):):) I really want the EX but it is out of my price range, right now.... I wish I could up-grade the advanced to include the humidifyer down the road ... that way it I could get the advanced now and then when I needed the extra safty for expensive eggs I could add the humidifyer on down the road.... and then it would not seem like so much at one time either! haha

But I did have a few questions

1) will the mini hold goose/swan or Emu egg? with the normal sized egg treys? if not is there a larger sized trey?

2) anyone out there able to convert the advanced to EX?

Thank you so MUCH!

I am looking to purchase a mini :):):) I really want the EX but it is out of my price range, right now.... I wish I could up-grade the advanced to include the humidifyer down the road ... that way it I could get the advanced now and then when I needed the extra safty for expensive eggs I could add the humidifyer on down the road.... and then it would not seem like so much at one time either! haha

But I did have a few questions

1) will the mini hold goose/swan or Emu egg? with the normal sized egg treys? if not is there a larger sized trey?

2) anyone out there able to convert the advanced to EX?

Thank you so MUCH!

Not sure if it will hold goose/swan or Emu eggs. The book does list bantam up to duck size eggs. (hen, phesant, quail, duck, parrot).

Also, I read on the website that the Advance cannot be converted to the EX. If someone out there knows how to do it though, please tell.

Yea, sorry... I guess I wasn't that much help. LOL

Back
Top Bottom