Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

Thanks, I was thinking about cramming more in and not using the automatic turner : )
I don't know, at hatch time that's a lot of little ones crammed in, you know? I had 12 bobwhites in and tossed the ones that didn't develop- shipped eggs and not a great rate- I wound up with 5 that are doing well and due to hatch sunday. I'm removing the turner and putting in a piece of woven shelf liner under the eggs, when I increase humidity before lockdown. I think more than 12 in that teeny space sounds like too much. Even 12 sounds like a lot. If you do, maybe post back with your results?

I don't know, at hatch time that's a lot of little ones crammed in, you know? I had 12 bobwhites in and tossed the ones that didn't develop- shipped eggs and not a great rate- I wound up with 5 that are doing well and due to hatch sunday. I'm removing the turner and putting in a piece of woven shelf liner under the eggs, when I increase humidity before lockdown. I think more than 12 in that teeny space sounds like too much. Even 12 sounds like a lot. If you do, maybe post back with your results?

I know I live on the wild side, but honestly I am not afraid to take chicks out as they hatch. I have just heard good things about the Brinsea... I have another incubator, I just want to up my odds for more hatching. We'll see how it goes... my new Serama eggs won't be here for a bit and I may go ahead and get the Eco and try it out. I saw a photo on this thread of 30+ quail eggs in a mini... I don't think I counted wrong... but most of the Serama eggs I've seen are a bit bigger than quail : )

Quote: Wow, 30+ sounds scary, lol! I live on the wild side too in a way- am going to put some Trader Joe's eggs in and see what happens
big_smile.png

I just had 6 guinea eggs and 2 turkeys in mine for a couple days while my chickens hatched in my other incubator. Once hatch was over, I moved turkeys back to the big incubator, they are due in 5 days. I think turning 30 eggs in a tiny incubator would be a nightmare lol.

I have 3 days to go with my bobwhites- tomorrow is lockdown. Fun but scary, the last shipped eggs didn't hatch. Fingers crossed!

Just a little humorous FYI about the water reservoir cover. My daughters chihuahua chewed the one provided. I used one of those pizza box protector thingiemabobs. You know the one that looks like a title table. Will get the job done.

MB

Back
Top Bottom