Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

Curious if anyone has ever unscrewed the top to clean the tiny little down pieces that the fan blows up there during dry out time ?

After 8 hatches, I have quite a bit of down accumulated up there.

MB

I have a question for other people that own this model, I hope it is alright if I ask here. My mini advance is running with eggs in for the first time. My temperature display is changing pretty much every second. It will sit solid at 99.5, but it will also jump from 99.3 back to 99.5 then to 99.6, back to 99.5, back to 99.3, rinse and repeat. Is this normal? Is it just a result of the incubator stabilizing itself? Do you see similar things on your displays, or should I be worried?

Yes, it's normal. The temps change up and down and the Brinsea has to keep adjusting. Once it's running for a while, in a controlled area it does that less often. I keep mine away from exterior walls and kind of tucked into a corner, so it's more of a controlled environment.

Yes, it's normal. The temps change up and down and the Brinsea has to keep adjusting. Once it's running for a while, in a controlled area it does that less often. I keep mine away from exterior walls and kind of tucked into a corner, so it's more of a controlled environment.

Thank you SO MUCH for telling me this, I have been worrying about it all day!! I super appreciate it, I was asking in incubation threads and no one seemed to know for sure what to say about it.

you're welcome! Don't forget to check the water level quickly with a measuring cup with a spout to add an ounce or so as needed. I do it 1x to 2xs a week with the mini advance. And mine hatched over 4 days, so once one was dry and in for a day or so I took it out and into the brooder. Be very quick if you do this so as not to interrupt the rest of the hatch.

you're welcome! Don't forget to check the water level quickly with a measuring cup with a spout to add an ounce or so as needed. I do it 1x to 2xs a week with the mini advance. And mine hatched over 4 days, so once one was dry and in for a day or so I took it out and into the brooder. Be very quick if you do this so as not to interrupt the rest of the hatch.

Thanks! It is super dry where I live, so I have actually had to get in there every other day to keep it topped off. If it sits 2 days, the well goes completely dry! I am looking in to picking up a humidifier for the room before lockdown hits so I don't have to over-worry about the level in the water pots, though I will probably be able to fit some sponge in there once the turner is off. I'm hatching Serama, which are super humidity sensitive at lockdown.. I am hoping they will all keep up with one another and come out within 1 - 2 days, because opening the incubator is pretty much a death sentence for any of them not out.

Sounds like you have it under control! Good luck with the hatch!
thumbsup.gif

where do i set the cool down time on the mini? for the life of me, i can't find it on the screen
barnie.gif

um....the "Mini Advance" model displays the "cooling" option after "Alarm Lo" and before "C/F" for setting Centigrade or Fahrenheit display. It should be easy to scroll and find it after unlocking the main menu.. Earlier models did not offer the cooling feature. Are you sure the model you are searching offers the cooling feature? My bet is you have a model without the cooling setting.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom