Brinsea Mini Advance

cdavis76

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone have one of these and if so what is positives and negatives on it? I'm thinking of buying a incubator and not sure which one to get but after looking at these ..my thoughts were they seem to be a good one to start out with.

I'm not an expert but I have read here on BYC that Brinsea are a good, foolproof brand. I know that if I was ever to buy an incubator, it would be a Brinsea.

Ct

I don't have the mini but I do have the octagon 20 and it's a super fab incubator! I really don't have a bad word to say about Brinsea products and would go with them everytime. Yes they are a little more pricey but are well worth it. For the extra money I have spent it has saved me a lot on the stress levels.
Have you checked out the reviews on the mini? They can be found here ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/egg-incubators

Good luck with your future incubations :D

I have the mini eco and I love it. I have hatched probably 10+ hatches since last year Christmas. Always a good hatch rate. I have the 'cheap' one without the egg turner and without digital read out.
The only cons I can think of are:

- I wish it was digital instead of having to tweak temperature with a tiny screw driver, but... once you have the temp set it stays on target no matter what.
- I wish I had bought the egg turner with it, its hard to get the eggs turned 3 times a day when I have to work
- If you are like me, you will quickly turn into a hatchaholic and will soon realize that the 9 eggs you can hatch in it wont cut it, you will find yourself eyeing the larger capacity incubators on amazon.. this incubator is really for somebody that hatches a couple eggs maybe couple times a year. If you want to hatch chicks to sell on a monthly basis you will need a larger incubator.

Last edited:
I was in the same boat a while back. I started looking at the Brinsea Mini Advance. However, I moved away from it to the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco because of the capacity to do more eggs. The mini I felt didn't quite have enough space except for a real casual "hatcher" and for the price it seemed a little steep. It is the same price for the Octagon 20 Eco. You do get the Brinsea quality with either one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom