Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced???

hambone84

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Kansas
Anyone own and use this incubator? How does it run? Is adding water difficult or more less is it difficult to keep the humidity stable? Does anyone have the humidity pump with it? How does that work? If anyone has any pros or cons or information on this incubator please let me know I think Im bout to buy one?

I have one....I think its fantastic.

Humidity is not hard to control.

I dont have the humidity pump, but would like to get it.

Everything about the thing is super easy except adding water, and even then I think its easier to add water than with the hovabator. All the eggs inbetween the dividers sit in a little tray and you just lift the tray and add the water. The tray is also hady for taking the eggs out to candle them, etc.

It runs fantasically, comes up to temp super quickly and it has a digital readout with both Temp and humidity, which is ultra accurate so you can get rid of other thermo/hygrometers. The only con is that it doesnt hold more eggs, but the larger capacity Brinseas dont work with the humidity pump.

I have a hovabator genesis, and this is definitely the next stp up in incubators.

Awesome!!! Sell me yours for $25 bucks and ill save another $350.00!!! Does the humidity pump put in an exact amount or is it programmable? How does it work?

Quote:
I dont have the pump, but it does hook up electronically to the internal digital control of the incubator and it reads the current humidity inside the incubator and adjusts humidity based upon that.

ETA:It is programable.

Last edited:
Octagon 20 Eco Manual Turning NEW 129.99 24.00 153.99

Octagon 20 Eco with Autoturn cradle NEW 199.98 34.00 232.99

Octagon 20 Eco Autoturn cradle NEW 69.99 18.00 87.99

Octagon 20 Advance with auto-turn cradle NEW

Octagon 20 Advance EX incubator package NEW 499.00 38.00 537.00

Advance Humidity Pump NEW 149.00 22.00 171.00

We got ours from double R Supplyfor $265,the prices abouve are from Brinsea.Had never hatched before but it was pretty fool proof,just add water and wait.
smile.png

The R Com looks really nice too and it has the pump..Let me know what you think of this after your hatch or if anyone has used this what they think..

Back
Top Bottom