Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco????

juliemom25

Songster
11 Years
Apr 4, 2009
So we are branching out and going to incubate our own eggs. Yeah!!! Dh gave me the green light to get an incubator, which is great. I want to get the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco, but I am concerned that it won't have everything we need. I talked dh into letting me spend the $200, but it will be a tough sell to spend anymore than that. He is really being generous in letting me get one at all. If I get it with the auto turner, is there anything else I will need? I am a huge rookie, so this need to be simple until I learn how to do it right.

Thanks a bunch!!

Julie

You will need a good hygrometer. You might want an additional thermometer, but I have found that the regular thermometer that came with my Brinsea Eco 20 is very accurate. I love the Brinsea--keeps great temps and humidity, and is super easy to clean after the hatching is done.
wink.png

I have the eco 20 without the turner..wish I had it.but..all I added was the thermometer/Hygrometer..I love it!..My inside (house) temp fluctuate some but the bator holds steady..my only complaint is..it only holds 24 average eggs...which is probably a good thing..lol

Quote:
Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot should all have some in the thermometer section.

Last edited:
I have my first hatch in mine right now - I think it's easy to use, temps and humidity have been very stable and recover quickly after the top has been removed. The turner is a nice option.

Back
Top Bottom