Brinsea Octagon 20 TOTALLY ROCKS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wyogirl, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I can't believe it, the temps are already stable, as well as humidity set eggs last night at 2100 hrs . Did purchase a Caliber III digital humidity temp gauge, which apperently you are NOT supposed to calibrate the humidity! So I didn't and reading is 2 lower than my calibrated acurite maybe I will have succes this time around:thumbsup:fl
    Ayda

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] hope you have a good hatch

3. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    You will be happy with the Brinsea Octagon 20! We sure love ours! Good luck!

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:How often do you have to add water to keep humidity at 25-40??? It seems to hold it well so far!
    Ayda

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yeah, everything Brinsea makes is pretty awesome...

6. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    Quote:How often do you have to add water to keep humidity at 25-40??? It seems to hold it well so far!
    Ayda

You probably have to add water about every other day. That may depend on the humidity in your house.

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Ayda

You probably have to add water about every other day. That may depend on the humidity in your house.

i add water to mine about once a week or so.. and it's really dry here.. just keep an eye on your hygrometer.. if it starts to drop check the water level

i loved my Brinsea so much that i ended up buying 2 [​IMG]

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I absolutely love mine! My humidity was 3% off but I just make a mental adjustment now. The temp has always been right on. As long as I keep my hands out of the incubator during lockdown, I have 100% hatches. The one thing I do not like about it is that it really has a hard time holding the humidity during lockdown and I have to add water every couple days during incubation. As soon as I can save up some money, I'm buying the humidity pump. It will make lockdown nights more restful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by