Brinsea Ovation 56 EX humidity

All you need to do is hold down the okay button, then hit the plus and minus at the same time. It will make the turner engage!
Oh no, it puts me into the calibration mode but the turner motor doesn't do anything! Now what?

Edit - It looks like the gear isn't even making contact with the turning bar anymore.

Last edited:
...I just heard the beep for it go off, but the eggs are in the same position, and the gear looks to be out of contact. Ugh.

I sat in front of it like a lunatic for a while until it turned. The motor is working, the gear just isn't making contact. Maybe I knocked something loose when I cleaned it last! If that's the case, I may just be able to move it back into place.

I sat in front of it like a lunatic for a while until it turned. The motor is working, the gear just isn't making contact. Maybe I knocked something loose when I cleaned it last! If that's the case, I may just be able to move it back into place.
The only thing I can suggest is to take out the turning link and make sure it is seated correctly then ensure that all the turners are in their correct spot and lined up.

The only thing I can suggest is to take out the turning link and make sure it is seated correctly then ensure that all the turners are in their correct spot and lined up.
I just got done pulling the lid apart and reassembling it; the motor had somehow come out of the groove and that's why it wasn't making contact. It's properly reseated and turning normally again! WHEW.

I swear, I am having so much trouble with this thing. We had a power outage last night (we were eventually able to get a generator going to get it back up to temp) but now my turner isn't actually turning. It's not out of alignment this time, but the teeth were all the way at the far side of the turning wheel. I've re-centered them and I'm going to see if that helps.

I'm ripping my hair out. I've got this sucker crammed full and I just can't catch a break.

Good News - That motor managed to unseat itself again ever so slightly (HOW?!) so getting it to start working again was a relatively simple fix. I'm going to try putting a dab of Sticky-Tack to hold the turning motor in place, though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom