BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

How are everyone’s rabbit ventures going? Lilly did not have any babies but I’m almost certain her stomach felt like it. So I’m wondering if she ate them 😬. I’ll likely give her one more chance before trading her out for another doe.
My bunnies are doing great. They keep dumping out there food, though. Any ideas on how to prevent this. I also am going to clip there nails in a week or so. Its gonna be so much fun!😬😅 ill send some pics of them some time this week!

My bunnies are doing great. They keep dumping out there food, though. Any ideas on how to prevent this. I also am going to clip there nails in a week or so. Its gonna be so much fun!😬😅 ill send some pics of them some time this week!
How do you have their food setup?

Clipped nails yet? I usually take the whole herd out 3-4 times a year to clip nails and brush/shed. I have one black nailed bunno- dang those quicks are tough to see on darker rabbits!

Its one of those self feeder or gravity feeder? Not sure what its called. I think I solved the problem by tipping the feeder back a little bit so its harder to dump out
I have found beautiful bread pans from Good Will with tall straight sides, they're heavy and the bunnies can't knock 'em over, so they work perfectly and are very inexpensive! Perfect for water and food!

Ya'll have snow yet? Anyone dealing with frozen water bowls? :he

Clipped nails yet? I usually take the whole herd out 3-4 times a year to clip nails and brush/shed. I have one black nailed bunno- dang those quicks are tough to see on darker rabbits!
not yet, I think I'll do it tomorrow. I've heard of people putting flashlights under the nail to try to see the quick. have you tried that? I think fig (the otter buck) might be trying to breed. after I clip their nails, I think I'm going to have to separate them.

I have found beautiful bread pans from Good Will with tall straight sides, they're heavy and the bunnies can't knock 'em over, so they work perfectly and are very inexpensive! Perfect for water and food!

Ya'll have snow yet? Anyone dealing with frozen water bowls? :he
maybe I'll try that if my food container doesn't work. its snowed here once in like the past 20 years. its nice for it to not be freezing, but in the summer, its awful.

not yet, I think I'll do it tomorrow. I've heard of people putting flashlights under the nail to try to see the quick. have you tried that? I think fig (the otter buck) might be trying to breed. after I clip their nails, I think I'm going to have to separate them.
I haven't tried that yet!

Back
Top Bottom