BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics

_-Captain BRM-_

Post Tenebras Lux
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2021
I have two Mini Lop rabbits named Alethea and Mirabelle. I will be breeding Alethea soon and was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips that they could give me! Otherwise, I also started this thread for any bunny lovers since we all (or at least I do) LOVE to brag about our bunnies! ❤️😁
PXL_20220128_195327117.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220128_194155454.PORTRAIT.jpg

⬆️ This is Mirabelle, Broken Orange Pedigreed Mini Lop

InShot_20220119_111710314.jpg
PXL_20220119_153944255.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211220_211403438.PORTRAIT.jpg

⬆️ And this is Alethea, Broken Frosted Pearl Pedigreed Mini Lop 😁
Edit: (Now known as Caspian, she was unexpectedly a he.)

Last edited:
The beautiful Mini Lop buck we are getting. He is pure Mini Lop, pedigreed, and has bloodlines from all over the US and Canada! His ears are very open and fantastic for show. His color is called blue gold tip steel. Very fancy. Lol. His body shape compliments our does and will help fill in the gaps of things they are missing (example, long fur, open ears, body type, ect.)

Any name suggestions? I love authoritative Greek names or Spanish names, if you know of any let me know! :)
IMG_20220315_163442.jpg
IMG_20220315_163443.jpg

Just got this new buck... He had a doe come with him, but she ended up having kits on the way to our house!! She wasn't feeding them and since we don't have a ton of experience with babies yet, they took her home to make sure everything was fine. She had NINE kits. NINE. THAT IS INSANE for Mini Lops. They usually have 5-6. Eight of the kits survived which is also really good. That was her first litter ever with all of us watching and everything. She didn't get too stressed or scared.

Apologies that the buck (Bandit) looks terrified, the car ride thew him off and the new smells and such. We will be giving him to some friends since we are getting a new pedigreed buck very soon.
PXL_20220316_005450032.jpg

I can't believe this has happened. My mind hath beenith BLOWN. Alethea... Here's how I explained it to my family and friends:

"Kevin's a girl?! But reversed. And with Alethea."

So even though I got Alethea from a wonderful breeder, there was a sexing error. I was told he was a doe but he is a buck. I still love that rabbit to pieces, but it does mess with some of our breeding plans. We'll have to see if the breeder I'm getting the blue steel buck from will let me switch to a doe. 🤞 His new name is Prince Caspian of The Ponderosa (yes, I am obsessed with Narnia and Bonanza so there we go)! This does mean that Mirabelle is most likely pregnant and due soon! Which is exiting, but we are going on a small vacation soon so hopefully she doesn't have them while we're gone! It's a huge adjustment to start thinking that he's a buck not a doe and it was really hard at first. But he's such a beautiful boy 😍 I'm so excited to see his kits!

Back
Top Bottom