BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Apparently Willow did accept a breeding at some point and I missed it. She miscarried or aborted 7 babies this morning. They were not fully developed. I’ve never had this happen!
I ugghed out loud. I'm so sorry.

I've had this happen before a few times. Who did you breed her too? Has he sired before?

I ugghed out loud. I'm so sorry.

I've had this happen before a few times. Who did you breed her too? Has he sired before?
Well I had been putting her with both bucks because I was trying to get her to lift for one. My guess though based on how developed the babies were, Hershey was likely the one. I thought she wasn’t lifting because she seemed a bit overweight, so I had her on a bit of a diet. Nothing major but she likely wasn’t getting what she needed for carrying kits. How long did you wait to breed again when you had it happen?

Well I had been putting her with both bucks because I was trying to get her to lift for one. My guess though based on how developed the babies were, Hershey was likely the one. I thought she wasn’t lifting because she seemed a bit overweight, so I had her on a bit of a diet. Nothing major but she likely wasn’t getting what she needed for carrying kits. How long did you wait to breed again when you had it happen?
I wouldn't wait, but some would say give her a few days-weeks. If she's doing okay, I would go ahead and breed her. The summer heat is coming, she'll enjoy being pregnant now verses July/August. How old is she?

I wouldn't wait, but some would say give her a few days-weeks. If she's doing okay, I would go ahead and breed her. The summer heat is coming, she'll enjoy being pregnant now verses July/August. How old is she?
She seems to be doing good. I may give her a couple days and make sure she’s eating good. It’s already getting hot here so if may be best to wait until fall. I was just hoping to get a litter in time to have a couple more for the fair show. She’s a year old.

She seems to be doing good. I may give her a couple days and make sure she’s eating good. It’s already getting hot here so if may be best to wait until fall. I was just hoping to get a litter in time to have a couple more for the fair show. She’s a year old.
Boy, so awful to have such a terrible time with this. Have you talked to the breeder you got your rabbits from? Was it just one breeder? I wonder if she doesn't have very good stock.

Back
Top Bottom