BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
Is Huck yours? And is he a mini lop also?
Huck was mine for about two hours. He's been on this thread before. I gave him to a friend in need of a buck since he wasn't pedigreed and I thought Caspian would work. But I'm writing up my own with him.

Vera is scared of people so she reacts aggressively when most rabbits react timidly. I doubt it will happen to Lilly. I'm not sure if Vera is pregnant or not, but I am not dealing with that aggressive of a doe, period. She hates other rabbits, too, so that's no help.
Oh gosh, yea she sounds difficult and I don’t blame you for not wanting to deal with it. Lilly does good running around in the outdoor pen with Quinn so she’s definitely not aggressive to other rabbits. I hate that for you!

HOW ARE THEY SO ADORABLE?! I swear. If we lived closer...
I think I underestimated just how cute they would be. And it will be so hard to get rid of them but I’m gonna have to get over that! The broken blue is so sweet and likes to cuddle. Ughhh! So sweet! One more pic…
329947EA-5587-4380-AA07-61EF0B72E8A9.jpeg

I think I underestimated just how cute they would be. And it will be so hard to get rid of them but I’m gonna have to get over that! The broken blue is so sweet and likes to cuddle. Ughhh! So sweet! One more pic…
View attachment 3120656
You couldn't keep any? You could sell a spooky doe like Lilly and replace it with your own? So cute!

You couldn't keep any? You could sell a spooky doe like Lilly and replace it with your own? So cute!
I would like to expand eventually but don’t have enough cage openings at the moment! Since Lilly is unrelated to my current breeding buck (Hershey), I’ll likely keep her a while longer. We are getting another young doe in a few weeks who will be unrelated to my second buck (Louie). I may look at keeping one of Lilly’s babies later on.

I would like to expand eventually but don’t have enough cage openings at the moment! Since Lilly is unrelated to my current breeding buck (Hershey), I’ll likely keep her a while longer. We are getting another young doe in a few weeks who will be unrelated to my second buck (Louie). I may look at keeping one of Lilly’s babies later on.
Can you send a picture of your rabbit set up? I find that you can make ANYTHING out of scrap wood for rabbits. I've been using the quail hutch for the rabbits and as a breeding hutch while I wait on the quail. You can keep a look out on Craigslist for cheap hutches and such. I am building another one right now, its a cool design where you can disconnect the top and let the rabbits graze to cut back on hay!

Can you send a picture of your rabbit set up? I find that you can make ANYTHING out of scrap wood for rabbits. I've been using the quail hutch for the rabbits and as a breeding hutch while I wait on the quail. You can keep a look out on Craigslist for cheap hutches and such. I am building another one right now, its a cool design where you can disconnect the top and let the rabbits graze to cut back on hay!
Oh that sounds really cool! I want to see that when you finish it. I saw a commercial cage on Craigslist, I may have to convince the hubby I “need” it haha!
69B4DEA9-C2C2-4178-882A-9F65FF8519C6.jpeg

Oh that sounds really cool! I want to see that when you finish it. I saw a commercial cage on Craigslist, I may have to convince the hubby I “need” it haha!
View attachment 3121650
Woah! Incredible set up! They may want more light in there, it looks dark from the photo, but I'm not sure if it is that dark. It looks SO nice though! I send a picture of the hutch rn, lately spring allergies have been killing so it is slowly coming along as I try to get better!

Woah! Incredible set up! They may want more light in there, it looks dark from the photo, but I'm not sure if it is that dark. It looks SO nice though! I send a picture of the hutch rn, lately spring allergies have been killing so it is slowly coming along as I try to get better!
Thank you, we had the shed already for when we had sheep so we just built cages into it. They do get more light than the picture shows! And of course when it’s not raining they get time to run around in the run. I’m kicking myself because I saw a 12 hole commercial cage that looked to be in great condition for only $150. I didn’t tell the hubby and checked again today and it was gone!! Hope you get better soon! Allergies can be miserable.

Back
Top Bottom