BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
PXL_20220628_224004005.PORTRAIT.jpg
Delta, Mel, and a Mir kit have been reserved! I am keeping Blue (who I am thinking of naming Rebel after their great great grandpa). So I have 2 more Vera kits to sell and 5 more Mir kits to sell.

@BenlynFarm, any tips for sexing rabbits? I'm having a tough time with it!

View attachment 3167356Delta, Mel, and a Mir kit have been reserved! I am keeping Blue (who I am thinking of naming Rebel after their great great grandpa). So I have 2 more Vera kits to sell and 5 more Mir kits to sell.

@BenlynFarm, any tips for sexing rabbits? I'm having a tough time with it!
I’m so new myself, idk if I will have great tips for you. But try using two fingers when you pull back above the genitals (one on both sides) because it helps pull it out better than with one. One finger might leave some tucked in and a buck could look like a doe if it’s not all pulled out. More pink/reddish color is a good indicator of a doe too if looks like a doe. Also, I know it’s too late for this litter, but when they are first born, try using this method -

https://bosworthbunnies.weebly.com/sexing-newborn-bunnies.html

Idk if it’s super accurate all the time but mine looked like does in the picture and they were all does. I’m going to keep trying it to see how accurate it is. How old is this litter again?

AFFEC10C-4422-4FF6-BB1C-9D746FA5EFB4.png

Kits are doing great! What is your (anyone) opinion on solid breeding number per breed? I'm thinking my 3 doe's (Mir, Vera, and hopefully Blue) and 2 bucks for the Mini Lops should be good? I'm thinking of going into either Lionheads or Netherlands. Probably the Lionheads, no one sells those breeds over here.
PXL_20220630_230720045.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220630_230717910.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220630_215907634.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220630_215911832.PORTRAIT.jpg

I still can’t tell from this pic. You have to push down above the genitals to make it stick out more. Maybe watch a video on YouTube to see how to make it stick out more. It’s easier to show it visually than explain.
I was pretty confident it was a she. Checked now and I’m thinking it’s a he. It did not look like this when I last checked
B90A8FC2-4871-4053-A5DF-692DE3023D60.jpeg

@Everose

Back
Top Bottom