Broke bleeding beak of Scarface

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
So. Scarface apparently decided she was tired of scissorbeak, because I watched her peck a brick in the cage I have for sunbathing until her crooked part snapped off! There’s not a ton of bleeding, but her beak looks kinda normal now. Do scissorbeak birds “self correct” like this often? She seemed very purposeful about it and is not panicking, just walking around like usual and resting in the hay with the others. Will I need to watch for infection? Is this good?

Could you post a pic
8A648A3A-9EB7-4060-9FAD-16CF0BBD03B4.jpeg

here is what it looks like now. As you can see, still crossed a little but from the front she appears to have a normal beak besides a very slight crook to her jaw. Before, you could see a VERY long bottom beak that made it look like a hummingbird beak. She snapped it right off! Also laid an egg this morning, it was a fairy egg but it means she’s done molting! No more bleeding either and she is acting bright and chipper. I’m planning to toss in some hardboiled eggs later so they don’t irritate her exposed beak.

View attachment 2167973
here is what it looks like now. As you can see, still crossed a little but from the front she appears to have a normal beak besides a very slight crook to her jaw. Before, you could see a VERY long bottom beak that made it look like a hummingbird beak. She snapped it right off! Also laid an egg this morning, it was a fairy egg but it means she’s done molting! No more bleeding either and she is acting bright and chipper. I’m planning to toss in some hardboiled eggs later so they don’t irritate her exposed beak.
Wow, that's crazy . She looks fine to me 👍

So. Scarface apparently decided she was tired of scissorbeak, because I watched her peck a brick in the cage I have for sunbathing until her crooked part snapped off! There’s not a ton of bleeding, but her beak looks kinda normal now. Do scissorbeak birds “self correct” like this often? She seemed very purposeful about it and is not panicking, just walking around like usual and resting in the hay with the others. Will I need to watch for infection? Is this good?

Aww, I hope she's okay!

Back
Top Bottom