Broken beak! Please help

the beak is lifted off rhe sk
I can’t see exactly what’s broken...
its hard to get her to stay still but the yellow beak portion is lifted off the skin, id have to pull it up to show you but thatd hurt her. right now you can just see how the red flesh is below the lifted yellow beak portion. its cracked up the side by her nostril and lifted off the skin all the way around.

its hard to get her to stay still but the yellow beak portion is lifted off the skin, id have to pull it up to show you but thatd hurt her. right now you can just see how the red flesh is below the lifted yellow beak portion. its cracked up the side by her nostril and lifted off the skin all the way around.
it looks like her tounge but her mouth is actually closed if that helps

I’m almost wondering if you will be able to fuse it back together... I would wait for one of the two people I tagged to respond.

BrokenBeak.png

From the way that OP described the injury, it's still partially attached, kind of like when you jam a soft fingernail and the tip of it (in this case tip of her beak) bends back over itself. She may have enough healthy tissue to save the beak. She's going to need assistance eating for a bit, porridge type food or hand fed, as beak injuries are said to be very painful. You can give her a bit of baby aspirin (someone is sure to chime in with the correct dosage) to help ease her pain.

From the way that OP described the injury, it's still partially attached, kind of like when you jam a soft fingernail and the tip of it (in this case tip of her beak) bends back over itself. She may have enough healthy tissue to save the beak. She's going to need assistance eating for a bit, porridge type food or hand fed, as beak injuries are said to be very painful. You can give her a bit of baby aspirin (someone is sure to chime in with the correct dosage) to help ease her pain.
Thank you, so you're suggesting I should leave it to heal without clipping it? It does seem like a good bet I just worry it'll get gunked up as it heals or catches and rips and possibly gets infected

Back
Top Bottom