Broken beak

Only time will tell if it will grow back or not, depends on whether the quick was too damaged or not from whatever happened, and it will take a while. It looks fresher than beaks that were deliberately debeaked as chicks, probably broken somehow. I would offer the deep bowl of gruel so she can try on her own. Then check on her every couple of hours and if it looks like she's not eating, hand feed her. Go with whatever consistency of food works for her, you may have to experiment a little. Once she figures it out, and it may take a while, she should be able to eat on her own eventually. If the beak does not grow back you will likely have to always have a mash for her. Honestly, all my birds like their feed made into mash. But this is why you should weigh her now, and then monitor her weight to make sure she's taking in enough either on her own or with help. A standard digital kitchen scale works. If you had another broken beak I would start looking around for a reason, they may be catching them on something, feeders, waterers, fencing wire, doors, etc. Try to prevent further injuries.

she seems to be a little slower,she makes a mess eating but she seems to be stong minded.broken beak too.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_34e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_34e.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom