broken egg in hen's intestine

Great news! My hen has made an amazing recovery. The day after I first posted she showed marked improvement. I decided to wait and see before doing the oil/water flush. Today she is completely back to her old self. Perhaps after I freed the broken egg from the intestinal "pocket" she was able to pass it herself. To aid in her recovery I added electrolytes/vitamins to the water and put plenty of freshly dug weeds full of bugs and slugs into the run. Hopefully that will help her fight off any potential infection. During her suffering I considered putting her out of her misery, but I am really glad I did not. I couldn't be happier that my best gal is on the mend!

Hi I've got this going on with a hen too, as yours she is the friendliest and, ahh a nice hen. She's been egg bound before but seems to get it sorted over night, this has been going on a couple of days now and i see bits of broken egg coming out but she seems in so much pain. She struggled to keep her eyes open. I've epsom salt bathed her, how long should I do that for? Man o man I hate seeing her suffer.

Back
Top Bottom