Broken heart

Yeah, I wouldn't have helped out after only four hours... sometimes it can take up to 24 hours after external pip. It wasn't ready yet. Don't help anymore out....

Omg I am such an idiot! I guess I just got to excited or something! I hear another baby peeping in her egg right now! I'm definately just going to let nature run its course this time! I am such a sissy! Sitting here crying like a baby! I seriously thought I read that they would hatch within a few hours I was afraid she wouldn't have enough air or something!

As someone mentioned could be the temperature drop, humidity drop or the chick itself was not ready to comeout, or the other variables mentioned, i had eggs that took 48 hrs to hatch on their own, it is extremely sad to see a full developed chick not make it. I hatched 70 chicks last year luckily all made it except 2 that a surrogate broody hen, killed overnight since she was a first time mom.

Omg I am such an idiot! I guess I just got to excited or something! I hear another baby peeping in her egg right now! I'm definately just going to let nature run its course this time! I am such a sissy! Sitting here crying like a baby! I seriously thought I read that they would hatch within a few hours I was afraid she wouldn't have enough air or something!
Hey, it's okay. We all make mistakes.
just remember, if you can see an external pip, the chick has air.
hatching is a lot of work and takes time. They rest a lot too during this.

When I look at the picture the chick appears to have a yolk sac attached to the chick's backend. The yolk has to be completely absorbed by the chick's body before hatching. Sorry Alisha, this chick hatched too early to survive. Intervening with hatching is risky. Even an hour early can mean death for the chick.

I am so stupid and so sorry! I feel like an idiot! I was so excited to have new babies! I hear more peeping in the incubator I will leave them be and will post an update hopefully a happier one soon!

I am so stupid and so sorry! I feel like an idiot! I was so excited to have new babies! I hear more peeping in the incubator I will leave them be and will post an update hopefully a happier one soon!
You aren't an idiot or stupid. Don't beat yourself up. You may have made a mistake but since the others haven't hatched yet, it's possible this one wouldn't have made it no matter what you did.
It is a learning experience. You tried.

You aren't an idiot or stupid. Don't beat yourself up. You may have made a mistake but since the others haven't hatched yet, it's possible this one wouldn't have made it no matter what you did.
It is a learning experience. You tried.
I hear peeping in another egg! I'm going to just leave it be and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom