Broken leg? (Help!)

J K

Chirping
Jul 3, 2019
Hello,
I have a pekin chicken. She is now one year and nine months.
One day (when she was only three months) I realised she was limping. I asked my neighbour because he was raising chickens too. He told me this is normal and she will be fine soon. But she didn't. After a month and a half I took her to my relative he said her leg was broken and now we can't do anything for her. So she stayed standing and moving on one leg.
Today, I realised that there is something wrong with her other leg. Sometimes she can stand on it but sometimes she can't. And while she is moving she is flapping and turning around in the same place. I don't know if it is broken or not. How can I know? And what should I do?
(I'm sorry if my english is not good enough)

She is sitting in this way.

Attachments

• IMG-20190705-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20190705-WA0036.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
I don't know if it is broken or not. How can I know? And what should I do?
(I'm sorry if my english is not good enough)
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Sorry your hen is having trouble. :(

Your English is fine. You can tell if the leg is broken or injured by feeling it for swelling or heat or bones sticking out. Does it dangle when you pick her up or does she control it? Does she pull away as if in pain or like she just doesn't want to be handled? Have your other birds (do you have others) been picking on her? Does she hang with and try to forage with them? Does she usually lay eggs? When you feel the first leg... is it straight, sideways, do the toes open and close or grip things? How does she hold it? How do her pupils and iris's look? Are they round pupils and regular colored eyes or do they look misshaped or grey at all? Sorry so many questions... just looking for clues.

Please add you general location to your profile so peeps can make the most relevant suggestion at a glance without having to ask first. ;)

:fl

Back
Top Bottom