Broken toe or bumblefoot?

FluffTheDuck

Duck love is recognizable in any language
Nov 26, 2018
London, UK
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, I noticed my almost 2 year old male Pekin starting to limp so I took care of his bumblefoot, but now he can barely walk. I'm sure if his toe is broken or not. I'm sorry it's 11:17 ish pm right now so I'll just take pictures tomorrow. Hope he will be fine and please pray for him, his name is Quakers, like Quaker Oats. Y'know. Quake-urs :) wish him a good night :)

Good morning y’all! Quakers did well last night, I put him in the pond to kind of ease his foot off. I got pics! I’ll upload a vid soon.
9CBCF780-1B8C-40B0-A2DE-203948C7B70A.jpeg
B8DBDBA5-A2D5-4FD2-A458-587F9DD76759.jpeg
This is the foot he’s limping on. Okay all of that is actually poop it’s not a scab or stuff because after that photo I wiped it all off :p — but it is bumblefoot because I managed to pull some scabs off. but the first photo— see how his toe is bending?

It does look like he's broken his toe. Maybe climbing out of the pool or tripping? ducks can be clumsy. I don't think the white skin is anything to worry about. It's skin not something on the skin that will scrape off? I'd start some Epsom salt water nice warm water soaks. And let him rest. Injuries heal but they take time.

It does look like he's broken his toe. Maybe climbing out of the pool or tripping? ducks can be clumsy. I don't think the white skin is anything to worry about. It's skin not something on the skin that will scrape off? I'd start some Epsom salt water nice warm water soaks. And let him rest. Injuries heal but they take time.
Thank you so much.
Possibly infection in the toe or its broken? Hard to tell..
That’s what I was thinking. :)

The »white stuff« is his actual skin! It is covered in yellow/orange scales (dead skin) which flake off and are being replaced.
On the picture it sure does look like he'd broken his middle toe once, but it also looked healed somewhat. Does his foot feels warm to the touch? Warmer than the other one?
Check the area around his toe-nail for infections! Maggie, one of my Magpie ducks is limping for weeks and yesterday i finally figured out that her toe-nail is infected. Hard to see on a black duck-foot, but she squeaked yesterday when i touched her toenail. And she felt much better after applying Triple-Antibiotics with pain killer.
My four white layers also have more or less bad bumble-foot, but don't seem to have any pain, so i missed it. Bazilla collapsed with fever-cramps on Thursday evening and i had to cool her down for ~2 hours in a bowl with garden-hose cold water. She is doing fine, and i am focusing on her for now, Blanca and Earthquack don't like to be treated and boy they are strong and know how to use their toenails. My arms look like i robbed through barb wire…

The »white stuff« is his actual skin! It is covered in yellow/orange scales (dead skin) which flake off and are being replaced.
On the picture it sure does look like he'd broken his middle toe once, but it also looked healed somewhat. Does his foot feels warm to the touch? Warmer than the other one?
Check the area around his toe-nail for infections! Maggie, one of my Magpie ducks is limping for weeks and yesterday i finally figured out that her toe-nail is infected. Hard to see on a black duck-foot, but she squeaked yesterday when i touched her toenail. And she felt much better after applying Triple-Antibiotics with pain killer.
My four white layers also have more or less bad bumble-foot, but don't seem to have any pain, so i missed it. Bazilla collapsed with fever-cramps on Thursday evening and i had to cool her down for ~2 hours in a bowl with garden-hose cold water. She is doing fine, and i am focusing on her for now, Blanca and Earthquack don't like to be treated and boy they are strong and know how to use their toenails. My arms look like i robbed through barb wire…
Thank you so much for this.
Glad to know about the white stuff! I thought his legs were naturally orange and had white scales, it’s always good to keep learning! :D
His foot is barely more hot then the other foot. His toenails had poop on them but I wiped it off. He didn’t flinch when I touched the toenails, or his foot and toe. Quakers nickname is EarthQuakers!
Fluffy :)

Back
Top Bottom