Broken wing

Thanks for all the kind words. I let her outside and laid her down so she could have her last hours outdoors. She was the sweetest and the boldest little thing. Her hatch date is next week, she almost made it to one. She was top hen but never bullied and always kept order. She’s laid to rest. I couldn’t bring myself to open her up. I will probably never have another chicken who was such a lovable odd ball like Meep but I am glad she isn’t suffering anymore. Thanks again you guys this was a tough decision to make.

I can't bring myself to rate your post. I'm so sorry. I know your pain and no there will never be another Meep.:hugs

Marek's started taking my birds when they were about 14 months old. My roosters when they were a year. It's a horrible, horrible, heartbreaking disease but know that the last great gift of love that you gave her was letting her little spirit fly free.

I always tell my birds to find my flock at the rainbow bridge and wait for me. Some day I will see them again.

RIP Meep. Look for my flock. They will keep you company.

Thanks for all the kind words. I let her outside and laid her down so she could have her last hours outdoors. She was the sweetest and the boldest little thing. Her hatch date is next week, she almost made it to one. She was top hen but never bullied and always kept order. She’s laid to rest. I couldn’t bring myself to open her up. I will probably never have another chicken who was such a lovable odd ball like Meep but I am glad she isn’t suffering anymore. Thanks again you guys this was a tough decision to make.
:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom