Bronze peafowl genetics help please

Oisin

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2016
Ireland
Hi everyone I have recently introduced to my flock a few new peafowl which include

Bronze male barred wing type (with a white chin and a white wing feather)

I'm curious with the bronze the as I am aware I'll get splits from breeding with normal Indian blue and black shoulder hens but what would I get if I bred him to a Indian blue pied and white many thanks he's molting at the moment so can't tell if he's white eyed I don't think he is many thanks Oisin

Hi everyone I have recently introduced to my flock a few new peafowl which include

I'm curious with the bronze the as I am aware I'll get splits from breeding with normal Indian blue and black shoulder hens but what would I get if I bred him to a Indian blue pied and white many thanks he's molting at the moment so can't tell if he's white eyed I don't think he is many thanks Oisin
I'm not as familiar with pea genetics. Subscribing.:pop

... and there is Pied ... and Pied !
arlecchino (1).jpg

Or this ... !
View attachment 1176485

Attachments

• pied peacock 1.jpg
    pied peacock 1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

If he is split to White, breeding him to a Pied will result in Indian Blue split to Bronze Pied. If he is split to Pied, breeding him to a Pied will result in Indian Blue split to Bronze Pied and Dark Pied.

If you want to get a Bronze Pied from this bird, you would need to breed and Indian Blue Pied or White split to Bronze. The hen needs to be split to Bronze. So you could breed him to an Indian Blue Pied, and breed Pied or White split to Bronze peahen back to him. If you got a Bronze Pied hen to breed to him, you might be able to get a Bronze Pied peachicks out of them.

my whole plan is to try breed a flock of bronze pied as they are rare

I am working on that, too. Though I am happy to get any white on my Bronze so i am working on the white eye, as well as the pied. I am not a silver pied lover but will get some of those in my breeding project, I bet. Good luck!

' White split to Bronze ' ... what ... what ???
Your peacock : Bronze male barred wing type (with a white chin and a white wing feather = Dark pied Bronze barred !
First cross :
Dark pied Bronze barred X IB pied = 50% IB Pied split Bronze + 50% Dark IB Pied split Bronze.
Second cross ( several years later ):
Dark pied Bronze barred( the father ) X IB Pied split Bronze = 50% Bronze Pied + 50% Dark Pied Bronze.

The ' White split to Bronze ' is probably this white :
Bronze Pied X Bronze Pied = 25% White + 25% Bronze Dark Pied + 50% Bronze Pied.
Genetically the color is Bronze but the pattern is White!

....Where to buy it ... you must trust the seller ...:confused:
Dark pied Bronze barred( the father ) X this kind of White = 100% Bronze Pied BINGO !

' White split to Bronze ' ... what ... what ???
Your peacock : Bronze male barred wing type (with a white chin and a white wing feather = Dark pied Bronze barred !
First cross :
Dark pied Bronze barred X IB pied = 50% IB Pied split Bronze + 50% Dark IB Pied split Bronze.
Second cross ( several years later ):
Dark pied Bronze barred( the father ) X IB Pied split Bronze = 50% Bronze Pied + 50% Dark Pied Bronze.

The ' White split to Bronze ' is probably this white :
Bronze Pied X Bronze Pied = 25% White + 25% Bronze Dark Pied + 50% Bronze Pied.
Genetically the color is Bronze but the pattern is White!

....Where to buy it ... you must trust the seller ...:confused:
Dark pied Bronze barred( the father ) X this kind of White = 100% Bronze Pied BINGO !

And I have a 2017 Bronze White cock, I had another pair I sold to a friend for his breeding program all three of them are split BS. I probably should have kept the hen. The daddy cock is a Bronze BSWE, the hen was most likely Bronze WE but I bet one of them are actually split SP.

Back
Top Bottom