Brooder design

coastingangel

Songster
7 Years
I am after suggestions for the design of a large brooder. I try to raise a batch or 2 of hyline/shaver chicks (commercial breed here in NZ) a year - 100 each time that come from a hatchery. I keep a few for myself and sell the rest to a growing list of customers. I also hatch some heritage breeds for myself. Current setup is ok but not perfect, a temporary setup in a shed which we add to each time but planning on building something more permanent - something outside that connects with main chicken area that is easy to clean and fill feeders. Any ideas/suggestions?

I am after suggestions for the design of a large brooder. I try to raise a batch or 2 of hyline/shaver chicks (commercial breed here in NZ) a year - 100 each time that come from a hatchery. I keep a few for myself and sell the rest to a growing list of customers. I also hatch some heritage breeds for myself. Current setup is ok but not perfect, a temporary setup in a shed which we add to each time but planning on building something more permanent - something outside that connects with main chicken area that is easy to clean and fill feeders. Any ideas/suggestions?
Here's a forum on Incubators and Brooders with lots of ideas. Hopefully, if you scroll through, you'll find one that will work. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom