Brooder lamp... Am I missing something in the setup?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kthankzbai, May 23, 2011.

1. kthankzbai

kthankzbai Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    I'm trying to set up my brooder and I'm running into problems with my brooder lamp.

I know this must be a total newbie question BUT better to ask than be sorry later, right?

How do I connect the clamp part to the lamp? Is the top part of the clamp a screw or something?? It doesn't seem to budge.

If not am I just wedging it inside the clamp part that's connect to the ceramic part? It seems unstable.

I would appreciate it if someone can point out the obvious for me here... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Look at the picture on the box. You have to loosen the wingnut and insert the opposite end from the clamp in the recessed area next to the wingnut.

3. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Welcome to BYC!

Exactly. The wingnut is most likely extremely tight, but you'll get it.

4. kthankzbai

kthankzbai Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    So I'm just inserting it next to the wingnut.. but it seems so .. unstable?? and when I try to tighten it.. it seems there's too much pressure onto the ceramic portion of the lamp?

Sigh. Thank you! I'll try to mess with the wingnut.

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    You don't have to screw it down excessively tight, just tight enough to hold position when you move it around. I wouldn't worry about it being too tight on the ceramic portion, it probably isn't. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by