Brooder Lamp Beeping?

Tacswa3

Songster
9 Years
Dec 16, 2013
Mid-Atlantic
I have a basic brooder lamp with the big red bulb. Its all I use and this one is fairly new. Just had it beep a few times which I have never heard from these type of lamps. I raised it some so it wasn't as close to the chicks. I've never even seen it advertised that they beep as a heat warning? Anyone else know about these?

I have a basic brooder lamp with the big red bulb. Its all I use and this one is fairly new. Just had it beep a few times which I have never heard from these type of lamps. I raised it some so it wasn't as close to the chicks. I've never even seen it advertised that they beep as a heat warning? Anyone else know about these?

can you give us pictures of the lamp?

Yea I think it was the smoke detector. The lamp was not near it so I don't know why it went off. Its a first alert sealed battery model. Well within its battery life. I had no smoke and no smell of anything from the heat lamp.

What bulb are you using?
I assume it's specifically for poultry too?
I'm fairly certain its the producers pride 250 watt red heat bulb from TS as well.

I'm fairly certain now it was the smoke detector just don't why it went off. Inspecting the heat lamp, I saw nothing indicating there was a heat alarm. Just coincidental the beeping stopped when I grabbed the lamp I guess.

:confused: Not sure what to suggest. Obviously don't want to disable a smoke detector! Some are just super sensitive.
I had the lamp a little closer than normal because the new ducklings were born during the tropical storm we had and they were wet and cold. Maybe a little dust on the lamp or a pine shaving got to warm?? I don't know, like I said no smoke or smell

Back
Top Bottom