Brooder size...too small?

amaliayosa

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Blue Ridge Mountains, NC
Hey everyone, Can you take a quick look at this short clip I took and let me know if you think its time to move my chicks to a bigger brooder? They are 11 days old and are currently in a kiddie pool with cardboard up the sides. It is about 4 feet around, and housing 20 chicks.
Thanks!

Wow, time to make plans....Do you think I could move them right into the coop with heat lamps? It is in the upper 50's low 60's during the day, upper 30's and 40's at night.
Right now their brooder is in our oversized walk in shower LOL, we have been taking baths for the past almost two weeks
smile.png

We are outside of Boone, NC , we are right on the VA and TN Borders. We have lived in California, upstate, ny and Florida, and this is our favorite spot BY FAR. It is absolutely gorgeous here, small town feel, real sense of community, breathtaking views everywhere you look, and relatively mild winters, although we do get snow.
We recently purchased our new home on 14 acres (foreclosure) and are living our dream!

You are definitely going to need more room, and soon! I have nine chicks in the largest dog carrier they make, (was for my Rhodesian Ridgeback to fly here), and I will put them out in the coop with a heat lamp, out of drafts, probably at about four weeks, cuz they will be too big for their brooder.

from what i see you can leave them in the kiddie pool another week.an then move them to a bigger brooder.

Back
Top Bottom