1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

brooder starter kit ??!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickybuddy100, Feb 3, 2015.

1. chickybuddy100

chickybuddy100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2014
    Hey everyone do yall know of any website to get chicken brooder kits for a low price ...oh im looking for the one that has the plastic panels and heat lamp holder and then the accessories (optional accessories)

2. chickybuddy100

chickybuddy100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2014
    Hahahhaha websites anyone????

3. Fennellsflock

Fennellsflock New Egg

Mar 5, 2016
    TSC - We got our Brooder starter kit from TSC...

4. azygous

azygous Overrun With Chickens

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    For a fraction of the cost of some fancy starter kit, you could brood right out in your coop with a heating pad system.

Most indoor brooders end up being much too small before the chicks are finished brooding, and heat lamps are fraught with all sorts of dangers. They easily overheat the chicks and pose a very real fire danger. There's a thread on brooder fires right this minute here on this forum.

I wrote an article about brooding in my enclosed run, linked below this post under "Articles by azygous". And there's an excellent, very entertaining thread on how to brood with a heating pad on this forum, too. It's "Mama Heating Pad for the Brooder".

There are other alternatives to brooder "kits".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by