Brooder supplies

I can tell you in the morning... right now I'm on my phone and I cant access the plans

Here's a good test - grab a measuring tape and some string. Cut the string to the dimensions on the plans. Go to the part of the yard you want to put the coop in. And lay the string down the way you plan to set up the chicken coop. Move around in the space remembering that there will be a feeder and a waterer you'll have to carry in and out to fill and clean every day, and how much room that will take of the floor space. Decide where you'd want to put perches and see how much room you'll really have inside to move around and clean.

Here's a good test - grab a measuring tape and some string. Cut the string to the dimensions on the plans. Go to the part of the yard you want to put the coop in. And lay the string down the way you plan to set up the chicken coop. Move around in the space remembering that there will be a feeder and a waterer you'll have to carry in and out to fill and clean every day, and how much room that will take of the floor space. Decide where you'd want to put perches and see how much room you'll really have inside to move around and clean.
I can access the plans now that I'm on my computer if you want to see them. Ok now being fully honest I don't think I'm set on a coop

Papa Roo’s basic setup for tiny chicks. 🐣 So when they are bigger I use that cover and change out the type of feeder and water...my house is 70* and I use a 100 w bulb to produce 102 degrees right under at ground lvl. It a touch high but I’ll be working on raising it up or moving to a 60 watt that produces 90 degrees at the ground in a week or two.
E35514B9-4203-4182-A4B7-211A5C991F96.jpeg
E35514B9-4203-4182-A4B7-211A5C991F96.jpeg
9CC3DB01-8E13-4E89-AC3A-D47CF728CF58.jpeg
D17A46FF-3A50-49C5-BC5C-D1C423A413BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Papa Roo’s basic setup for tiny chicks. 🐣 So when they are bigger I use that cover and change out the type of feeder and water...my house is 70* and I use a 100 w bulb to produce 102 degrees right under at ground lvl. It a touch high but I’ll be working on raising it up or moving to a 60 watt that produces 90 degrees at the ground in a week or two.
View attachment 2491168View attachment 2491168View attachment 2491173View attachment 2491175
FYI: The temp on the other side of the steel tub at ground lvl is about 75* with this setup..

Back
Top Bottom