BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

love.gif

last weekend thanks to KMHunter I upgraded from a Graco Pack N Play to this old shipping crate. It's a little smaller than 5X5. Planned refurb once this current batch is out (over the winter) is a hinged, lockable, lid, access holes on all sides, and slots for dividers. I hope to be able to split it into halves or quarters with slip in/out dividers.

13656_181492997415_804377415_283421.jpg

13656_181493002415_804377415_283421.jpg

Once I clean out the garage, I'll have space for 2 or 3 more..
thumbsup.gif

Brooder number one: large plastic tub with wire mesh on top (good for four little ones for a couple of weeks)
Brooder number two:
36990_img_1741.jpg

Bad photo, so here's a brief description:

We used a piece of coroplast (the stuff that's like corugated cardboard, but made of plastic) to form a 4 inch deep tray, about 3 by 3 feet.

We used a set of wire shelving that snaps together to form a large 3 by 3 by 3 box. The front panel at the top opens up for easy access.

If you want to learn more about making these types of cages, google C and C cage and there are a gazillion designs. Ours was free since we had the coroplast and shelving from a guinea pig/rabbit/chinchilla cage.

Last edited:
ok here is my newest set up only like this for first week or less, then changing from training pad floor to shavings floor, also a new fluffier stuffed animal to be added after this pic, and yes this is in my bedroom
ccbe22ed.jpg

6c2b6cfa.jpg

39f1ba4f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom