Brooder

Chuckkeeper

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Hi
I have 12 cream leg bar eggs due to hatch on Thurs 29th Oct and 12 more plus 3 bantam X eggs due to hatch two weeks later on 13th November. Out of the 27 in total, 24 were postal eggs so I am not expecting great rates.
Will these be able to make it in to the same brooder together (straight away or eventually) or will they need to be separate until 5/6 weeks when they can come off heat and go in to a coop? Would that be the first point I could combine?
Thanks
@OneHappyRooster @TheOddOneOut @JedJackson

Ah, thanks - so two heat sources needed?!
What kind of heat source do you have? If you are using a heat plate, you will need two heat sources. If you have a light, you should only need one. When I integrated a chick in with some older chicks, I put the young chick's section of the brooder right under the light. The older chicks could still get close enough to the light to stay warm.

What kind of heat source do you have? If you are using a heat plate, you will need two heat sources. If you have a light, you should only need one. When I integrated a chick in with some older chicks, I put the young chick's section of the brooder right under the light. The older chicks could still get close enough to the light to stay warm.
Ah makes sense. I've got two of this style (diff brand): https://www.electric-fence.co.uk/25...W29rB6OeiBnP6xez6wuqGS7tlBd8Ds3kaAkKDEALw_wcB

Back
Top Bottom