Brooders: Start small and go bigger or start big?

Well I spoke too soon...when I click on the "edit my signature" it tells me I'm not allowed to edit the signature. I'll figure it out eventually! LOL!
I think you have to post a certain amount of times before you can put stuff in your signature. I can't remember because I never tried until after being here awhile.

I think that's what it is, Lightchick. I just did a search for "signature line" and the administrator posted that for some reason the system has to "know" you before it will allow signatures. So I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior and hopefully it'll like me enough to allow my signature. LOL! Thanks again for all your help with this new egg! :)

I think that's what it is, Lightchick. I just did a search for "signature line" and the administrator posted that for some reason the system has to "know" you before it will allow signatures. So I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior and hopefully it'll like me enough to allow my signature. LOL! Thanks again for all your help with this new egg! :)
Anytime!

Re: brooder size: go as big as you can possibly go, unless you already have a bigger and better plan B available for them to move up to. That plan B could be a tractor (that's what I've used for the past 2 years) or a coop for your first flock, or a part of your coop sectioned off if you already have a flock. The more brooder space you have available, the more option those chicks have to choose their own heat comfort zone. They will also spend more time in the cooler end, therefore, they'll feather out faster and wean from the heat faster. And, they'll have much more room to run around, spread their wings, and do their little chick activities.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom